Monotype enterprise font solution and Font Software Trial License Agreement
We recommend that you print this Monotype enterprise font solution and Font Software Trial License Agreement for further reference.
This Monotype enterprise font solution and Font Software Trial License Agreement (the “Agreement”) becomes a binding contract between you and Monotype when you click on the area marked “ACCEPT LICENSE AGREEMENT” or similar language. If you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you cannot Use or access the Monotype Desktop Application or the Trial Font Software. Please read this entire Agreement before you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. The Agreement contains capitalized terms that are defined in Section 8 of the Agreement.
This Agreement governs your access to the Monotype enterprise font solution (hereinafter, the “Monotype solution”) and any Use of the Monotype Desktop Application and/or Trial Font Software provided through the Monotype solution. In order to use the Trial Font Software, you will be required to download and install the Monotype Desktop Application. All rights not expressly granted in the Agreement are reserved to Monotype.
You hereby agree to the following:
- Access to the Monotype Solution. Monotype will provide trial access to the Monotype solution for the trial period, the length of which shall be specific to you. You agree to notify Monotype immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- License Grants
You may download, install and Use the following software during the trial period on up to two (2) hardware components solely for trial purposes to Use the Trial Font Software as set forth below.
- Monotype Desktop Application
- Trial Font Software
- Restrictions. You may not:
- Use the Trial Font Software to create anything which is offered for distribution to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) regardless of whether it is offered for free or in exchange for fee or other consideration;
- Distribute the Monotype Desktop Application or Trial Font Software, or distribute any portion of the Trial Font Software or any electronic document or file into which Trial Font Software or any portion of the Trial Font Software is embedded; and
- Modify the Monotype Desktop Application or Trial Font Software in any way.
- Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that Monotype or its licensors owns all right, title and interest in and to the Monotype Desktop Application, Trial Font Software and either’s its structure, organization, code, and related files, including all property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademarks rights. You agree that the Monotype Desktop Application, the Trial Font Software, and either’s structure, organization, code, and related files are valuable property of Monotype or its licensors and that any intentional Use of or access to the Monotype Desktop Application and/or Trial Font Software not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes a theft of valuable property. You acknowledge that the Monotype Desktop Application and Trial Font Software is protected by the copyright and other intellectual property law of the United States and its various States, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties and your use of the Software shall be in compliance with such laws and treaties. You agree not to adapt, modify, alter, translate, convert, or otherwise change the Monotype Desktop Application or the Trial Font Software, or to create derivative works from the Monotype Desktop Application, the Trial Font Software, or any portion thereof. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or instructions of the Monotype Desktop Application or the Trial Font Software.
- No Warranty. UNLESS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND MONOTYPE OR AS REQUIRED BY LAW, THE MONOTYPE DESKTOP APPLICATION AND TRIAL FONT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Monotype does not guarantee that you will be able to access or use all or any of the Monotype solution’s features at all times, and cannot and does not guarantee, represent or warrant that access to or use of the Monotype solution will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the Monotype solution or server on which it is housed is free from viruses or other harmful components. Monotype shall not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Monotype solution. Any activities that occur under your account are your responsibility.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL MONOTYPE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE (I) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF MONOTYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING SUCH DAMAGES EVEN IF MONOTYPE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement shall be in effect for the trial period, provided that your account remains in good standing. Monotype shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time upon written notice to you. Upon termination of your trial period, you are obligated to uninstall the Desktop Application and any Trial Font Software from your hardware components.
“Monotype” means, collectively, Monotype Imaging Inc., its successors and assigns, its parent and affiliated corporations, its authorized distributors, and any third party that has licensed to Monotype any or all of the components of the Monotype Desktop Application or the Trial Font Software supplied to you pursuant to the Agreement.
“Monotype Desktop Application” means a software application that you download and install within your operating system that enables and disables the Use of and access to the Trial Font Software.
“Monotype enterprise font solution” or “Monotype solution” means the web based platform accessible through the link provided to you by Monotype, through which Monotype makes available the Monotype Desktop Application and font software, including but not limited to Trial Font Software, and font software related technology.
“Trial Font Software” means the font software identified as such in the Monotype solution and which, when Used on or accessed by an appropriate device or devices, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments and which is made available to you, in Monotype’s sole discretion, through the Monotype Desktop Application. Monotype reserves the right to remove or update Trial Font Software from the Monotype Desktop Application at its sole discretion at any time. Trial Font Software includes all copies of the Trial Font Software Used or accessed by you, and all bitmap renderings of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Trial Font Software. Trial Font Software includes upgrades and updates to the Trial Font Software (which Monotype may make available through the Monotype solution in its sole discretion), related files, permitted modifications, permitted copies, and related documentation. You agree Monotype has no support obligations related to this Trial Font Software.
“Use” of the Monotype Desktop Application or the Trial Font Software shall occur when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Monotype Desktop Application or the Trial Font Software, as applicable, regardless of the location in which such software resides.
“Monotype” is a trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and elsewhere. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Monotype's mailing address is: 600 Unicorn Park Dr., Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 All inquiries and requests for licenses may be sent via e-mail to: [email protected] Monotype’s web site is located at www.monotype.com.
LAST UPDATED: June 4, 2019