Monotype Mosaic and Font Software Trial License Agreement
We recommend that you print this Mosaic and Font Software Trial License Agreement for further reference.
This Mosaic and Font Software Trial License Agreement (the “Agreement”) becomes a binding contract between you and Monotype when you click on the area marked “ACCEPT LICENSE AGREEMENT” or similar language. If you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you cannot Use or access the Trial Font Software. Please read this entire Agreement before you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. The Agreement contains capitalized terms that are defined in Section 7 of the Agreement.
This Agreement governs your access to the Mosaic and any Use of the Trial Font Software provided through Mosaic. In order to use the Trial Font Software, you will be required to download, install and agree to the license terms for the SkyFonts Client Software, which shall be presented to you separately.
You hereby agree to the following:
- Binding Agreement. You are bound by the Agreement and you acknowledge that the access to Mosaic and all Use of and access to the Trial Font Software supplied to you by Monotype is governed by the Agreement and you have no rights to access Mosaic and Use the Trial Font Software other than as set forth in the Agreement. All rights not expressly granted in the Agreement are reserved to Monotype.
- Access to Mosaic. Monotype will provide trial access to Mosaic for the trial period, the length of which shall be specific to you. Monotype does not guarantee that you will be able to access or use all or any of Mosaic’s features at all times, and cannot and does not guarantee, represent or warrant that access to or use of Mosaic will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that Mosaic or server on which it is housed is free from viruses or other harmful components. Monotype shall not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to Mosaic. Any activities that occur under your account are your responsibility. You agree to notify Monotype immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- Trial Font Software License Grant. You may Use the Trial Font Software during the trial period on up to two (2) hardware components in which an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Trial Font Software solely for trial purposes and subject to the following restrictions:
- you may not Use the Trial Font Software to create anything which is offered for distribution to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) regardless of whether it is offered for free or in exchange for fee or other consideration;
- you may not distribute the Trial Font Software, any portion of the Trial Font Software or any electronic document or file into which Trial Font Software or any portion of the Trial Font Software is embedded; and
- you may not modify the Trial Font Software in any way.
- Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that Monotype or its licensors owns all right, title and interest in and to the Trial Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files, including all property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademarks rights. You agree that the Trial Font Software, its structure, organization, code, and related files are valuable property of Monotype or its licensors and that any intentional Use of or access to the Software not expressly permitted by the Agreement constitutes a theft of valuable property. You acknowledge that the Trial Font Software will be automatically de-installed from any of your hardware components, at the end of the trial period. You acknowledge that the Trial Font Software is protected by the copyright and other intellectual property law of the United States and its various States, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties and your use of the Software shall be in compliance with such laws and treaties.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement shall be in effect for the trial period, provided that your account remains in good standing. Monotype shall have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time upon written notice to you.
“Monotype” means, collectively, Monotype Imaging Inc., its successors and assigns, its parent and affiliated corporations, its authorized distributors, and any third party that has licensed to Monotype any or all of the components of the Trial Font Software supplied to you pursuant to the Agreement.
“Mosaic” means the web based platform accessible through the link provided to you by Monotype, through which Monotype makes available font software, including but not limited to Trial Font Software, and font software related technology.
“Trial Font Software” means the font software identified as such in Mosaic and which, when Used on or accessed by an appropriate device or devices, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments and which is made available to you, in Monotype’s sole discretion, through the SkyFonts Client Software. Monotype reserves the right to remove or update Trial Font Software from the SkyFonts Client Software at its sole discretion at any time. Trial Font Software includes all copies of the Trial Font Software Used or accessed by you, and all bitmap renderings of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Trial Font Software. Trial Font Software includes upgrades and updates to the Trial Font Software (which Monotype may make available through the Monotype Portal in its sole discretion), related files, permitted modifications, permitted copies, and related documentation. You agree Monotype has no support obligations related to this Trial Font Software.
“Use” of the Trial Font Software shall occur when an individual is able to give commands (whether by keyboard or otherwise) that are followed by the Trial Font Software, regardless of the location in which the Font Software resides.
“Monotype” is a trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and elsewhere. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Monotype's mailing address is: 600 Unicorn Park Dr., Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 All inquiries and requests for licenses may be sent via e-mail to: [email protected] Monotype’s web site is located at www.monotype.com.
LAST UPDATED: September 4, 2018